Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Details trickle in...

Just a short little update tonight:

I continue to gather more specifics about my job placement in Natick. The more I learn about it, the more I get excited!

This placement seems to be tailored to my learning goals and skill/knowledge set.


Placement with Hartford Street Presbyterian Chuch: Natick, MA

  • The garden project at the moment is being coordinated through the city's "Open Space Committee" 
  • Church is currently trying to get a group together to clear some land and at least create some gardens for the spring.
  • A good portion of the congregation is from Cameroon in West Africa- the church is interested in some of these members having plots with gardens where they could grow some of their native crops. There are projects in the area that have immigrants growing native crops from their country and selling them through local markets and making a good living.

No comments:

Post a Comment